Memory Work Strategies
1) Discuss the meaning of the piece. Why is this passage or verse important? Why would we want to keep this message in our hearts and minds?
2) Divide the assignment into smaller sections. Learn a section at a time.
3) Play the erasing game. (Write the assignment on an erasable board. Keep reading until you have erased all the words.)
4) Draw a picture illustrating the meaning of the passage.
5) Act out the passage.
6) Write the passage on a piece of paper and cut out all the words. Use the words as a puzzle and put the passage back together.
7) Don't forget to discuss unfamiliar words. Many assignments have new words for your child. Their assignment is more meaningful and easier to remember if they understand what they are saying.
*Many of our Bible passages now have corresponding music to go with them. If you would like a copy of the sheet music that now accompanies our curriculum, let Mrs. Bunn know.